The saying “There’s an app for that!” is definitely true, particularly when it comes to weight loss. Your smartphone is always with you, so why not take advantage of some of the top weight loss apps out there?!
Many apps are available to give you instant, specific information about food, whether you’re shopping in a grocery store or eating out at a restaurant. They allow you to set goals and track your progress, then use your results to give you valuable feedback and suggestions.
According to a study published in The American Journal of Medicine, health and fitness apps can be effective tools to make change easier. They also provide much-needed support to increase the chances that you successfully lose weight.
Many apps are designed for both Android and Apple devices, so you shouldn’t have trouble finding one that’s compatible with your phone. Look for one that gives you the information and feedback you need while being fun, easy, and motivating to use. These apps are either free or cost just a few dollars, so there’s no harm in giving several a try to find one or more you like best.
The following are eight of the top weight loss apps available:
- BMI of Texas: Gives you the opportunity to track your net carbs, protein, fat, total calories, and water intake. Use the app’s recipe section to prepare a variety of healthier meals. Visually track your weight loss journey and take advantage of the Fitbit tracker which can sync to your own Fitbit. BMI patients also have the option to contact physicians, make appointments, and review vitamin and discharge instructions.
- MyFitnessPal: Allows you to set a daily nutrition goal and log your meals and exercise, and gives you feedback on how you’re doing so you can stay on track. Available for iPhone, iPad and Android.
- Fooducate: Grades the nutritional value of the food you’re eating and offers healthier alternatives when possible. Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch.
- DietPoint: Has more than 130 weight loss plans, as well as grocery lists for each. Reminders prompt you to eat when you should. Available for iPhone and Android.
- Noom Coach: Features trained coaches who give you a plan to lose weight or address existing conditions such as diabetes. Available for iPhone, iPad, iPad Touch, Apple Watch and Android.
- Nutrition Menu: Has a large database of nutritional information on specific foods, including many restaurant items. Also features built-in exercises and tracks your weight-loss progress in a graph. Available for iPhone.
- ShopWell: Creates a profile of your health goals and allows you to scan grocery store items to see how they fit into your plan. Suggests substitutes when items you’ve selected have low scores. Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android.
For more suggestions of top weight loss apps and information on how you can reach your weight loss goals, contact BMI of Texas.